Let’s get to the point: Are you interested in a fulfilling marketing career and the opportunity to work with some high-profile clients in the Kansas City region, but you’re not thrilled about being another cog in a giant agency machine? Join the Crux team instead!
So who is Crux? We like to think of ourselves as our clients’ in-house marketing department—outsourced. We bring the same loyalty and dedication to our clients’ mission but at the fraction of the cost of hiring and retaining a senior-level marketing team. We know the traditional agency model isn’t an ideal fit for everyone, so we take a different approach.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic graphic designer to assist our creative team in performing routine graphic design and consultation work. Work involves concept development, layout, production, and pre-press checks using state-of-the-art computer hardware and software, as well as traditional graphic methods; assisting creative director (or head of creative team) with administrative and project management needs; participating in client meetings and consultations with creative director; and coordinating with related businesses on printing and supply needs. A Designer works under the general supervision of the creative director or head of creative with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Reports to VP, Creative
- Participates in the planning, development and production of graphic materials to meet client communication needs
- Coordinates printing needs with printers to ensure quality and cost-effective printing within client budget
- Presents concepts and mock-ups to creative director for approval
- Troubleshoots system hardware and software problems
- Archives electronic production files and preliminary art
- May make presentations of approved design concepts/solutions to clients
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in fine arts, graphic design, or a related field
- Knowledge of computer-based design workstations and their design capabilities
- Knowledge of traditional graphics production methods, techniques and equipment
- Knowledge of design principles and HTML/CSS standards
- Proficiency in in the use of various computer software packages, including Adobe Creative
- Cloud and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Balance of technical understanding and visual design
- Experience working in collaborative environment, while being capable of working self-directed and independently
- Experience in web design and coding is a plus
Ready to learn more?
Submit below or email your résumé and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.