When you join Crux, which was named one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work, you become part of an entrepreneurial team that’s committed to elevating brands and amplifying missions. Trusting, accountable and unrelenting, we’re driven to help each other—and our clients—succeed.
We’re looking for a talented and driven Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team. Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years of graphic design experience and a strong grasp of design fundamentals, including trend research, creative concepting, visual identity development, layout, art production, and more. The Graphic Designer works under the general supervision of the Art Director, collaborating with the Art Director and other team members to define project goals, suggest appropriate visual solutions and mediums, and help the broader team adhere to a high standard of quality for design and art production. In addition, the Graphic Designer assists with administrative and project management needs, participates in client meetings, and coordinates with partner businesses on printing and supply needs.
Work experience from a professional design studio or product development company is a must. If you have taken design projects from concept through production, and are detail-oriented, creative, adaptable and (let’s not forget) fun, then this is the role for you!
- Take designs from initial concept to implementation and client-ready work
- Partner with Art Director and Traffic Manager to communicate daily objectives and manage workload
- Be a good multitasker and communicator who is organized and responsive
- Be highly adaptable to a changing work environment and shifting client demands
- Able to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams
- Role-model core company values: trusting, entrepreneurial, accountable, motivated, collaborative, respectful, unrelenting, x-ceptional
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design
- 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience
- Proficiency in various computer design-software packages, including Adobe Creative Suite-primarily InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must have comprehensive design portfolio
- Familiarity with traditional print layout and production techniques
- Experience with Apple Macintosh (Mac) operating system
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications-primarily Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Experience in front-end and/or back-end web design
- Knowledge of modern web standards and proficiency in HTML/CSS coding
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe XD, Premiere, and/or After Effects a plus
- Participate in the planning, development, and production of graphic materials to meet client communication needs
- Present concepts and mock-ups to Art Director and Creative Director for approval
- Present approved design concepts/solutions to clients when needed
- Help develop design strategies that complement our clients, their industries, and audiences
- Coordinates printing needs with printers to ensure quality and cost-effective printing within client budget, performs press checks, and reviews printer proofs
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed
- Collaborate independently with operations and account teams
- Provide thoughtful, constructive feedback of coworkers’ work and have an appreciation for receiving feedback on your own work
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to create “big ideas” and “Aha!” moments
- Conceptualize creative solutions and present ideas in a mindful way
- Solve complex problems with realistic solutions that can be translated across various mediums
- Archives electronic production files and preliminary art on company server
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned by Art Director, Creative Director, and Leadership Team
Ready to learn more?
Submit below or email your résumé and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT YOUR RÉSUMÉ
"*" indicates required fields