Work with us
Let’s get to the point: Are you interested in a meaningful marketing career and the opportunity to work with hidden gems and high-profile clients in the Kansas City region, but you’re not thrilled about being another cog in a giant agency machine?
Join the Crux team instead!
Account Director/Senior Writer
We’re looking for a talented and energetic account director/senior writer with the writing skills to help us execute strategic and effective marketing plans for our clients. You’ll create impactful and captivating copy that connects with our clients’ audience—copy that brings their brand to life and tells their brand story in a powerful way.
You’ll work with other members of the Crux team to support integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns. You should be extremely detail-oriented; obsessed with grammar, spelling and the written word; and a champion of consistent messaging. We’re looking for someone with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to easily pivot from writing fresh creative to authoring an in-depth case study to crafting a clever blog and social media ideas to support it without breaking a sweat.
You should be a storyteller at heart, and recognize that if every piece of marketing material isn’t telling a story and communicating a clear message, they’re not worth the paper or pixels they’re on.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for multiple clients, and assist in the creation and communication of a marketing strategy to support each client’s business goals.
- Create fresh, original blog content.
- Conduct interviews and research additional information to write in-depth case studies.
- Compose compelling and effective website copy as needed.
- Work with the Crux digital team to create social media content for a variety of clients and online platforms.
- Create compelling marketing copy for sales sheets, online content and email campaigns that stays true to brand positioning and messaging.
- Write and edit press releases, and pitch stories to mainstream media outlets and trade publications, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and editors on a local and national level, as appropriate.
- Seek publicity opportunities, including distributing company news, scheduling media interviews, or setting up speaking engagements.
- Assist in the preparation of award submissions, including writing and editing.
- Work closely and build relationships with clients.
- Produce multimedia content (videos, slideshows, infographics, etc.) to promote client services and events.
- Optimize content using SEO best practices and stay updated with industry trends.
- At least five years of business experience working in a professional or corporate environment. Ad/marketing agency experience is a plus.
- Exceptional skill in writing, copyediting and proofreading.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) is preferred.
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively know where to access information online.
- A self-starter (proactive versus reactive in style) and strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively manage projects by possessing a sense of urgency and use of best practices in meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once to completion.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing startup work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
$50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Ready to learn more?
Email your résumé and at least two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Crux-Xcelerate team is seeking an experienced sales professional who is looking to find an awesome culture and environment in which to be a star sales performer, and who has the ability to become the sales leader of our firm. The sales role will require working with the founders to attract customers at favorable terms, then helping those clients grow revenue. The sales leadership role will include coaching/mentoring our business development specialists, developing scalable processes, and ultimately leading the operational and financial aspects of the business.
- 7+ years in business development with proven track record of exceeding goals
- Successful sales leadership (ideally, not required)
- Positive, tenacious, winning mentality
- Team player – Individual must thrive under rapidly changing circumstances, and be confident in her/his ability to delight 3-4 clients. We function as a small but mighty team; “not my job” types need not apply.
INITIAL 90 DAYS:
- Generate new clients that closely fit our ideal client profile.
- Earn the trust and confidence of our team and the clients we secure together.
- Convert a reasonable percentage of the existing pipeline, help clients generate other opportunities through your network and ideas for business growth, and capitalize on the opportunities brought forth by co-founders. Expected conversion rate of qualified opportunities for our clients is 10-30%.
- In addition to selling for our new clients, execute the other commitments within our client agreements as they exist today and to meet their sales objectives as they morph.
- Help to attract and onboard new Crux-Xcelerate clients that you and co-founders agree fit our partnership. Ideal client profile includes those that offer disruptive technology platform and/or service, are well-capitalized, have proven concept, and are willing to pay a base monthly fee plus a reasonable commission percentage.
- Develop the trust and confidence of the Crux marketing team. Learn the Crux value proposition and cross-sell where possible. Accept that this will be done within the compensation agreement, and that co-founders will also help sell Crux-Xcelerate business.
- The items listed above, plus:
- Work with co-founders to identify new sales talent to bring into the organization.
- Mentor, train, coach and hold accountable our new sales team members.
- We intend to make the determination, with your input, as to whether you are the right fit to become CEO of Crux-Xcelerate. Equity will be tied to your becoming CEO and will be based on your exceptional sales performance, and demonstrated ability to lead the business and the team.
- Compensation: Negotiable with a preference towards paying the sales leader a meaningful percentage of the revenue they bring into the firm. It is the co-founder’s desire to find a partner in the business that will earn equity through his/her performance.
Ready to learn more?
Email your résumé and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
About Team Crux
Creative copywriters, savvy storytellers, gifted graphic designers, brand strategists, email marketing pros, social media mavens—Crux has it all, and we’re here to bring your story to life.