Account Director/Senior Writer
We’re looking for a talented and energetic account director/senior writer with the writing skills to help us execute strategic and effective marketing plans for our clients. You’ll create impactful and captivating copy that connects with our clients’ audience—copy that brings their brand to life and tells their brand story in a powerful way.
You’ll work with other members of the Crux team to support integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns. You should be extremely detail-oriented; obsessed with grammar, spelling and the written word; and a champion of consistent messaging. We’re looking for someone with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to easily pivot from writing fresh creative to authoring an in-depth case study to crafting a clever blog and social media ideas to support it without breaking a sweat.
You should be a storyteller at heart, and recognize that if every piece of marketing material isn’t telling a story and communicating a clear message, they’re not worth the paper or pixels they’re on.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for multiple clients, and assist in the creation and communication of a marketing strategy to support each client’s business goals.
- Create fresh, original blog content.
- Conduct interviews and research additional information to write in-depth case studies.
- Compose compelling and effective website copy as needed.
- Work with the Crux digital team to create social media content for a variety of clients and online platforms.
- Create compelling marketing copy for sales sheets, online content and email campaigns that stays true to brand positioning and messaging.
- Write and edit press releases, and pitch stories to mainstream media outlets and trade publications, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and editors on a local and national level, as appropriate.
- Seek publicity opportunities, including distributing company news, scheduling media interviews, or setting up speaking engagements.
- Assist in the preparation of award submissions, including writing and editing.
- Work closely and build relationships with clients.
- Produce multimedia content (videos, slideshows, infographics, etc.) to promote client services and events.
- Optimize content using SEO best practices and stay updated with industry trends.
- At least five years of business experience working in a professional or corporate environment. Ad/marketing agency experience is a plus.
- Exceptional skill in writing, copyediting and proofreading.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) is preferred.
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively know where to access information online.
- A self-starter (proactive versus reactive in style) and strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively manage projects by possessing a sense of urgency and use of best practices in meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once to completion.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing startup work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Ready to learn more?
Email your resume and at least two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.