Social Media Coordinator
Let’s get to the point: Are you interested in a fulfilling marketing career and the opportunity to work with some high-profile clients in the Kansas City region, but you’re not thrilled about being another cog in a giant agency machine? Join the Crux team instead!
So who is Crux? We like to think of ourselves as our clients’ in-house marketing department—outsourced. We bring the same loyalty and dedication to our clients’ mission but at the fraction of the cost of hiring and retaining a senior-level marketing team. We know the traditional agency model isn’t an ideal fit for everyone, so we take a different approach.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic social media coordinator to help us execute strategic and effective marketing plans for our clients. Founded in 2016, Crux may be young, but our leaders have brought decades of marketing and public relations experience with them. Now we need help implementing many of the tactics and marketing strategies so our clients can truly find their own crux!
- Reports to Digital Marketing Manger and VP, Digital Marketing
- Crafts social media content for a range of B2B clients across a variety of social platforms
Writes compelling posts and tweets that contribute to each client’s overall marketing plan and goals
- Works with the account and creative teams to create compelling visuals to increase viewership
- Works with Digital Marketing Analyst to develop optimal posting schedules for each client based on web traffic and engagement trends
- Works with Digital Marketing Director and SEO Manager to launch and monitor paid social campaigns
- Understands and stays up to date with emerging social technologies
- Researches audience demographics and preferences to help guide digital approach
- Maintains and oversees the layout and visual elements of each social account
- Reports on online reviews and feedback from customers and followers
- Contributes strategy ideas based on best practices and trends
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of general business experience working in a professional or corporate environment is preferred. Ad agency experience (even internships) is a plus.
- Proven work experience in a social media role.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Ability to grasp emerging trends in digital technology and adapt appropriately.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with public relations strategy and tactics.
- Exceptional skill in writing and proofreading.
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively know where to access information online.
- A self-starter (proactive versus reactive in style).
- Able to effectively manage projects by possessing a sense of urgency and use of best practices in meeting project deadlines.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing start-up work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, advertising or marketing.
- Experience managing social media strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Ready to learn more?
Submit below or email your résumé and at least two writing samples to: email@example.com.