Director of Social Media
We’re looking for a driven and creative social media director to help us execute strategic and effective digital marketing plans for our clients. You’ll create impactful and captivating copy that connects with our clients’ audience, bringing their brand to life and telling their brand story in a powerful way.
As a director of social media on the Digital Team, you’ll be a part of a highly collaborative and creative group of marketers. As the primary point-of-contact for Crux’s Social team, you’ll own social listening & drive regular reporting that fuels programming across digital & social channels. Partnering with Social & Account leads, you’ll own & create data-driven insights that uplevel our work across paid, owned and earned social surfaces, fueling innovation and new creative ideas.
You should be a storyteller at heart, and recognize that if every piece of content isn’t telling a story and communicating a clear message, they’re not worth the pixels they’re on.
- Develop a strategy & intake process to enable social listening reports & ad hoc requests
- Oversee all research initiatives for new Crux clients to support social media audit processes
- Oversee all research initiatives for quarterly & annual client reviews
- Drive creativity into social marketing campaigns through imagery & copy
- Plan and direct both organic & paid social media campaigns following an overarching content calendar and strategy
- Set KPIs for all social media campaigns
- Develop strategies and collaborate with partners to engage social influencers
- Develop testing strategies for integrated social marketing campaigns
- Design and own regular reporting cadence for social media crafters
- Identify areas of opportunity, using data-driven recommendations
- Influence Social & Account teams to adopt best practices
- Liaise with Social Leads, Account, Creative, and Operations stakeholders whose programs would benefit from social listening insights, providing relevant data & thoughtful recommendations
- Partner with Social team leads to develop social KPIs, targets & benchmarks
- Serve as the Social Team’s primary POC & expert on social analytics & listening
- Manage all social media tools to maximize the return on investment
- Keep abreast of social media trends and respond to changes relevant to marketing strategies
- Monitor clients’ SEO and the relationship of social media to support organic traffic growth
- Insatiable appetite to infuse creativity and “what if” ideas into social campaign strategies
- Several years’ relevant experience in social listening & analytics for consumer / tech brands
- Demonstrated experience pulling social listening reports & providing analysis, insights
- Experience managing regular (weekly, monthly) reporting cadence & ad hoc requests
- Strong understanding of SEO and keyword research to capture organic traffic via social media
- Strong cross-functional collaboration with Social Leads and Operations
- Ability to understand & synthesize measurements for social & marketing programming
- Ability to influence social managers & producers to adopt data-driven recommendations
- Ability to operate independently, but not in a silo, and thrive in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience managing Sprout Social
- Experience with Google Analytics & Data Studio
- 5+ years of experience in an agency environment developing social media campaigns and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Ready to learn more?
Submit below or email your résumé and at least two writing samples to: email@example.com.