Director of Public Relations
Are you looking to join a fast-growing un-agency with a strong brand reputation? If so, Crux is the place for you! We are looking for a “player/coach” to round out our growing PR and content team. The right person has a strong background in PR with nationwide media contacts but is also someone who wants to guide our clients and internal team of content managers on creating well-rounded holistic campaigns.
- Oversee content managers providing strategic insight to both our team and clients in all areas of Public Relations
- Develop large, nontraditional PR campaign strategies based on PR audits, analytics and insights
- Brainstorm out-of-the-box ways to build brand awareness for our clients in the marketplace
- Work with internal and client team to plan, prepare, and distribute original content strategies such as articles, news and press releases, email, blog and social media posts
- Work with Content Managers to create editorial calendars, collaborating with members of the account, digital and content teams to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Oversee and produce a broad array of digital and print promotional and communication materials reinforcing client’s customer journey
- Ensure all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the client and brand.
- Report on milestones, KPIs, and activities such as client goals and projects; new products or services; community service activities, etc.
- Arrange for photography and/or press coverage for special events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 10+ years of PR, writing, journalism or related field
- Maintains a robust Rolodex of nationwide media contacts with an added emphasis on Kansas City
- Proficient in media monitoring, social listening and brand tracking platforms.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in the field of PR
- Desire to lead, mentor and grow both the internal team and PR function
- Impeccable grasp of the English language and AP Style
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once to completion
- Attention to detail is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- A self-starter (proactive versus reactive in style) with strong mentorship and coaching skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing startup work environment
Ready to learn more?
Submit below or email your résumé and at least two writing samples to: email@example.com.
SUBMIT YOUR RÉSUMÉ
"*" indicates required fields