Our fast-growing, ever-changing team is looking for a full-time Account Director to help us manage and serve our expanding list of clients. The right person for the role can effectively lead teams, is organized and efficient as well as an exceptional writer with outstanding verbal skills and ridiculous attention to detail.
When you join Crux, one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work, you become part of an entrepreneurial team that’s committed to elevating brands and amplifying missions. Trusting, accountable and unrelenting, we’re driven to help each other—and our clients—succeed.
You are a self-starter who consistently demonstrates remarkable client relationship skills and knows how to impact business results through strategic marketing. As owner of client relationships, you’ll be responsible for four to six clients, developing integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns and leading internal resources to execute the plan. You’ll work with members of the Crux team to uphold our TEAM CRUX values and collaborate with specialty teams to execute on client deliverables. You’ll create captivating copy that connects with our clients’ audience, bringing their brand to life and telling their brand story in a powerful way.
This candidate must:
- Be an exceptional role model for the company values
- Be able to lead, inspire and manage a team of resources
- Value relationships
- Make a strong first impression
- Be highly adaptable to a changing work environment and shifting client demands
- Be well organized and highly responsive
- Demonstrate maturity
- Have strong written and verbal skills
- Have strong project management skills
- Work effectively with all team members
The responsibilities of the Account Director are to serve as day-to-day point of contact for multiple clients and lead the creation and communication of a marketing strategy to support each client’s business goals. Additionally, this candidate will have responsibility for identifying opportunities to grow existing services to deepen client relationships as well as strategically focusing on the big picture while managing client deliverables.
- Leads, manages and inspires team to execute the plan
- Thinks strategically, anticipates and is prepared to address client needs
- Sets, meets and/or exceeds realistic deadlines
- Prioritizes and manages multiple clients and/or projects at once
- Leads assigned client meetings, with oversight from VP, Accounts & Client CMO
- Prepares agendas for all client and internal meetings and follows up afterward to ensure alignment
- Creates fresh, original, compelling content (blog, email, web, sales sheets), partnering with Content Manager as necessary
- Approves content and creative before it goes to Client CMO, ensuring work is aligned with strategy and error-free
- Interviews subject matter experts and researches additional information to write in- depth case studies
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner, responding to client emails and calls the same day
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, gatekeepers and Crux team members
- Monitors client hours, adjusting deliverables and managing client expectations
- Leverages Crux’s tech stack, adhering to best practices, to efficiently manage internal communication and resources
- Consistently tracks time in FunctionPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or journalism
- Seven to 10 years of business experience working in a professional or corporate environment. Ad/marketing agency experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Exceptional skill in writing, copyediting and proofreading
- A self-starter with strong professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage up and effectively read a room
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects to completion by possessing a sense of urgency and use of best practices in meeting project deadlines
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively know where to access information online
- Proficient with social media platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Health benefits
- 401(k) 3% non-elective contribution
- Bonus opportunities
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Paid time off, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Work from home Wednesdays
Ready to learn more?
Submit below or email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT YOUR RÉSUMÉ
"*" indicates required fields